Monday, September 16, 2013

could be in a dream

Here's another sketchbook that I've just about finished. I'm not sure of the brand, I bought it because I wanted a different page shape and size from the Moleskine and this had nice thick paper too. I've really enjoyed working on a more panoramic (?) page and will need to replace it with something similar if I can't find another of these.

I made the top drawing at a field day that had all sorts of events going on. I'm really happy with some of the lines I achieved in this drawing. I used a fine liner and a calligraphy pen to get them. And, the one below is from one of our Dr Sketchy events.
The rest of the drawings from this book can be viewed HERE.

2 comments:

Valerie Gardiner said...

Looked at the sketchbook and I love the combination of fine and thick lines. I've got lots of calligraphy pens but haven't really got on with them,it's time for another try! Thanks Andrea for the inspiration!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, Valerie, I had a lot of old calligraphy pens hanging around the house. Doing nothing. I've enjoyed working with them again. Hope you do too!

Cheers.