Tuesday, June 12, 2012

what did you feel there?

Another from our day sketching in Chesterfield. This was the 'shot' that I wanted to get; the crooked spire poking up (for want of a better phrase - it's very late) above the town's rooftops. It was such a hot day, so I took my Scottish colouring out of the sun and went into the air conditioned library where I got this view. I drew whilst a lovely old girl told me every last thing that she'd bought with her Marks and Spencer's gift vouchers. And every programme she enjoyed watching on tv. And what she thought of this government. Bless her. That could be me one day. It could be all of us, I suppose.

3 comments:

MyLittleBlueDog said...

Hello! I love your drawings and always look for a new blog posting! I love this one and the lovely story about the lady talking to you while you drew. Enchanting.

Chelle said...

haha, sometimes the text is even better than the drawings ... anyway they should paint that spire pink so it looks like a giant soft ice cream ... it would be the coolest thing, a little pun intended : )

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, guys.
Chelle, that's exactly what it looks like. A giant ice cream cone.

Cheers!